With summer upon us, it’s time to start taking food outside and throwing it on the grill. Being in Denver, it’s difficult for me to want to trek out into the snow in order to throw something on the grill. For the winter being, the oven or stove will make do.
Nice grill lines on the fish and the avocado and mango make for a perfect summer dish. It’s flavorful and healthy. With bursts of mango, lime and avocado, you might think you have been transplanted to a beach (I wish!). Beach or no beach, i’ll take what I can get. And I will take this dish for dinner any night of the week!
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1/2″ dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for brushing
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-ounce halibut or mahi-mahi fillets
- 4 lime wedges
Prepare a grill to medium-high heat. Gently combine the avocado, mango, tomatoes, basil, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a large mixing bowl. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature, gently tossing occasionally.
Place fish fillets in a 13x9x2″ glass baking dish. Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoon lime juice over. Season fish with salt and pepper. Let marinate at room temperature for 10 minutes, turning fish occasionally.
Brush grill rack with oil. Grill fish until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Spoon mango-avocado salsa over fish. Squeeze a lime wedge over each and serve.