Tonight I have a friends birthday party to attend. I was having a hard time thinking of something to get her. So I started looking at her Facebook pictures to get an idea. Kind of ridiculous, but you can get some pretty good ideas of what a person likes from Facebook pictures. She really likes cocktails and making different vintage and new drinks. I already knew this about her, but her pictures reminded me. So, I would like to give Facebook photos a shout out right now for the idea.
This is what I came up with…. A cocktail in a bottle. This is simple, easy and a great idea for a gift, party or to keep around the house. Grab an empty wine bottle from the house, clean the bottle and take the labels off. After, mix your favorite cocktail (I decided to make Pimm’s Cup) together and fill the wine bottle. Viola! An instant cocktail in a bottle! Get mixing!
- 3/4 cup Pimm’s No. 1
- 2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 1 1/3 cups sparkling water, chilled
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 4 spears
- Fill 4 tall (12-ounce) glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour 3 tablespoons Pimm’s into each glass. Pour 1/2 cup ginger ale and 1/3 cup sparkling water into each glass; stir to combine. Garnish each serving with 1 lemon slice and 1 cucumber spear. Serve immediately.